This Is Me

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Them Libidinous Dems

This morning was my boss's fundraiser. So, after trekking into the downtown, almost wiping out until I remembered "turn INTO the fishtail, turn INTO the fishtail!" because while there was only a light dusting of snow it covered a treacherous layer of ice, I arrived to look pretty and collect checks.

me: what's my job tomorrow? Look pretty and collect checks?

coworker: That's pretty much always your job.

me: wouldn't that be prostitution?

coworker: They don't take checks.

I think the most interesting story of the morning, was when an elderly Democrat arrived, let call him Representative X. Representative X shook my coworker's hand, shook my hand, and then, surprisingly, leaned forward to hug me. I got a kiss on the cheek too. Right as he was doing that, Representative Y (A Republican) commented:

Rep. Y: Found another girl to charm?

Rep. X: It's my mission to love every woman on this earth. I've got too many, want to help me out?

I guess looking pretty worked for me this morning:-)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    goodness! sometimes i wish i coudl have your job for a day ( but only the fun days like that one ;o) )

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Esther said…

    That's awesome! It's always nice when someone comes along and decides to brighten one's day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home