This Is Me

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Blues

I am having one of those days when I want to go home, curl up in a ball under my covers, drink hot tea with honey, and cry. Maybe watch some mindless entertainment after a long nap. Most definately have someone give me a hug. (An impossible commodity when you work at a state capitol) Yes, I have the ‘Blues’. That horrible state of mind where I’m all mopey, with no good reason, and it’s for no good reason, but then because I’m already blue everything around me is more likely to upset me, causing some serious, entrenched depression. The kind where I get mad at some of the people I care about the most because they don’t have the psychic skills needed to read my mind to know exactly what I need and rush to my side when they are miles away and have not even talked to me today to have any of even the most rudimentary of tools to guess that something is wrong. This obviously shows they don’t care about me enough, or at all.

I hate it when I’m illogical. Especially when I’m illogical and I KNOW I’m being illogical. Blissful illogic must be nice.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Esther said…

    Awww. *hug* I love you. It'l be okay. The blues go away after a day. You know, "the sun'll come out tomorrow."

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    You say something like that and I want to help by making you tea or giving you a real honest caring hug or rubbing your tight shoulder muscles or let you snap at me and just smile back... and I'm stuck in San Diego...
    dear Alex, will you just cry to Jesus?

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    Yeah...I did...It is better today, although I think it may be a few days before I'm back to normal...

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    here's a hug for you! I hope that you made that tea when you got home from work. I love you lots and hope you're feeling less blue today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home