This Is Me

Monday, August 15, 2005

Evangelistic Stripping

In reaction to Metzger's post, information which I believe may have been given to him by a mutual acquiantance of ours, I was telling a situation that happened to me in high school to some friends of mine. I was sunbathing up by my house, and I had taken off my shirt and only had a bra on because, let's face it, this is usually a perfectly safe activity at my house. Our house has an incredibly steep and long driveway, and when we as children carpooled we were usually left at the bottom, because most of the cars on the island are not powerful enough to make it up the hill. The only people daring enough to make the trek up the driveway were, yup, the Jehovah's Witnesses. I think we all know where this story is going now. Here I was, minding my own business, lazing in the sun and drifting asleep when I hear the grinding that cars' wheels make on our driveway and the vrooming of an engine and it chugs up the hill. I hurriedly put on my shirt just before the car rounded the last bend. I thanked my lucky stars that I had not fallen completely asleep and had been awake enough to hear them coming up the driveway. Although seeing me in my bra may have converted them on the spot. I've decided to reneg 'evangelistic dating' for the more effective 'evangelistic stripping'. As a friend of mine says, "Hey Tiger, wanna hear about Jesus?"*

*note: This entire post is completely sarcastic. I have not ever and will not ever condone loose moral behavior to convert people to Christianity. I understand that this is abhorent and completely contradictory to what Christianity is and the conversion that should be of the heart and not instigated by lust. I hope no one is offended by my post, but takes it in the light, sarcastic tone that I wrote it in.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    alex, scarcasm noted... but great story :o)

    love ya,

    maggen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home