This Is Me

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Laughing On The Inside

As I walked through the imposing lobby of the building my government job is housed in, I contemplated what all these calm, dignified, poised, political people surrounding me would think if they knew I was wearing bright pink underwear with the words "Drama Queen" emblazoned on them. The thought made me smile.

The underwear, which usually comes out when I'm low on laundry, was given to me for a birthday present by my sister to get me back for the "Wild Thing" underwear I got for her for her birthday several years ago. Her party was at a local pizza parlor and she opened the gift in front of an assorted group of friends and family. A patient woman, she bided her time several years to get me back. Last summer she told me my birthday present was in the mail. Completely unknowledgable about what the package contained, I opened it in front of my employers. Let me tell you it was quite a surprise for all of us! One usually doesn't like to think of one's employee as a creature who prances about wearing pink underwear that pronounces she's a Drama Queen.

At least it wasn't a thong.

For those of you who are offended by the fact I'm talking about underwear in a public forum which might be read by a member of the male persuasion - hey, I'm the type of girl who owns underwear proclaiming her to be a Drama Queen - how do you think I'm going to act?

For those of you who knew me in college or high school - this post probably won't surprise you.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Fr. A said…

    Nope. Not a bit.

    It amuses me, though.

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger TeaLizzy said…

    I agree with Mr. Gugg.

    But ooh, that sounds fun!

    The only underwear with writing that bothers me are the ones that say 'marry me,' for the obvious reason that if anybody can read that, I'd hope they're married already. I know they often aren't, but I'd hope they are.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    ha ha - I need that underwear!:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home