This Is Me

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Health Fair

So, I went to the the Health Fair at my work today, to decide what benefits I am going to choose...nah, actually I went to get free stuff and free tests and, as it turned out, free food. First, the food: Now does it make sense to ANYONE else that at a health fair the food they served was bagels, cookies, cream cheese, potato chips, Doritos, and soda pop? I mean, REALLY. My friend Rory pointed out that it was probably just job security. So, at the fair, I browsed around a bit, grabbing the free pens and golf tees (I don't golf, but my coworker does) and then got to participate in free tests! I'm not sure if there's anything that I enjoy as much as free tests! First I got my body composition. The lady asking people questions etc asked me if I exercised more than 10 hours a week. I kind of gave her a look and stated, "Do I LOOK like I exercise more than 10 hours a week?!??!" She replied that you never know, but laughed. Then I got my blood pressure checked. For any of you who may be worried about my high-pressure job and how it may be affecting my health, you may rest assured: my pulse is 54. My blood pressure was 84/61 (normal is 120/80). She told me I had the lowest blood pressure of the day. Then she said, "We usually only see this runners. You're not a runner, are you?" I laughed "Do I LOOK like a runner?...So, I'm pretty much dead then huh?" "Pretty close."

Nice to know I'm practically a medical miracle (or mistake, whatever.)

Speaking of medical miracles, I just found out a girl I know has a bunch of extra lymph nodes. Apparently, this only happens in 1 out of every 5 million people. They cover the entire spanse of her back, only visible in one area as a birth mark, and she almost NEVER gets sick. I think this is the coolest thing EVER. Now, she IS a walking medical miracle!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Geez. Can she donate some of those spare lymph nodes to my roommate, who is in Seattle this week getting hers removed because of cancer??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home