This Is Me

Friday, March 11, 2005

You know you're in Michigan when...

There's still snow and ice on the ground, but they're already starting on the road construction so they have enough time to complete it before the summer's over and the snow starts AGAIN.

*sigh*

On a happier note, I am going to the rodeo tonight. (Yes, this is another indicator of being in Michigan.) I am also planning on tobogganing tomorrow. (a THIRD indicator that I live in Michigan. For heaven's sakes it's MID-MARCH!) You know that famous book "The Ides of March"? Well, if the author had been from Michigan it would have been called "The Ice of March".

Definately my most engrossing and heavy comtemplation now is this: "What shall I wear to the rodeo?"

I may even wear my hair in pigtails:-)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Fr. A said…

    Pigtails, huh? I don't know if I've ever seen you in pigtails. *searches memory*

    Negative, I don't think I've ever seen you in pigtails.

    Not sure why it matters, but nonetheless, I haven't.

    Also...did you end up going? And, if you did, did you indeed put your hair in pigtails?

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    I did end up going - the rodeo ended up being high schoolers. The girls alone could ride a running horse across the arena, jump off its back, and tie and goat up in less time than it takes me to tie my shoes.

    Unfortunately, I did not end up having pigtails. I DID however wear flannel. And I think you have seen me in pigtails, because there was a square dance I wore them for...

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Fr. A said…

    Ah, yes. Freshman year, that would have been. I think I wore a silly hat and had no beard and looked generally like I was 12. Being embarrassed at the memory, I forgot about your hairstyle. Sorry. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home