This Is Me

Monday, March 07, 2005

Facial Expressions

When I hear something my brain does 1 of 3 things usually:

-I weight it against the knowledge I possess and accept it.

- I weight it against the knowledge I possess and reject it.

- I weight it against the knowledge I know, realize I don't have enough information to process this new bit of data, and then file it away for further cogitation.

Apparently the expression on my face as I process new information makes me look like I sincerely disapprove of whatever if being said. This may be because as new information enters my brain I am first skeptical until I run it against the store of knowledge I accept that pertains to the particular issue at hand. If I take some time to dredge up the information I know to check it against what I just heard, I guess my facial expression is skeptical, sometimes to the point of being intimidating. I was informed of this fact last night. Now, I might have decided that this was a onetime phenomenon if it weren't for one thing: just that morning I had been told this by an entirely different person. To all those who have been intimidated by me: I'm sorry.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Fr. A said…

    Awww...Alex, it's ok. Don't worry a bit.

    You never intimidated me.

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home