This Is Me

Monday, March 20, 2006

Madea's Family Reunion

I went to one of the best movies I have ever seen Saturday night. The movie was Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion. It is definately high up on my favorite movies list and the only movie I can think of that I MUST HAVE that I don't already own. It was hilarious, besides being, for me, one of the most moving movies I have ever seen. I think the only other movie I cried at more was The Passion of the Christ, for rather obvious reasons. Watching Madea's Family Reunion I cried once or twice because the subject matter was so hard and then once or twice because I was so glad that such truth was being spoken. Go here for a great review by my favorite author, Orson Scott Card. It's a great movie and there should be more like it. So, go see it and throw your money at an amazing movie with a great story, hilarious humor, and interesting characters. Because if we want more good movies to be made, we'd better put our money where our mouths are, instead of just going to see the latest, rather predictable, blockbuster. If you hate it, so what. At least you will have helped me out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home