This Is Me

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Memoirs as a Political Stalker

That's right. Me. A political stalker. To make a short story long: It all starts out so innocently...

My friend Esther is one of the biggest political animals I know in that she loves politics, knows all about politics, has great insight into politics. I work in politics, but she breathes it. Her blog Future Legislator of America discusses national politics etc etc. She is the person who first told me about Congressman Mike Pence. Apparently, she found a couple of guys in Indiana (Pence is an Indiana Congressman) that have formed a movement to Draft Mike Pence into running for President in 2008. I rather doubt Mr. Pence himself even knows of these people, but the reasons they support him are, in my humble opinion, pretty good. I read an article or two about him and thought he sounded honorable and for small government (yay!) and in a conversation with my boss, asked him if he'd ever heard of him. He hadn't, so I gave him an article to read and it may have just ended there if this week hadn't happened *da-DUM da-DUM spooky music starts*

My boss was headed to WA D.C. for a conference and I jokingly said, "Hey, say hi for me to Mike Pence if you see him." Yes, he had remembered that Mike Pence was the guy I showed him an article about. So, he calls in today and I start joking again, "Say hi to Mike Pence for me?" and my boss, with laughter in his voice, states, "Well, no. But I did meet some friends of his that he invited to the conference. I gave them my card and told them that you're a big fan of his."
hee hee. I am now a political stalker. Now I actually have to familarize myself with him and his history and political philosophy and views so, if he on the off-chance calls my boss and I answer the phone, I don't sound like a blubbering idiot.

If interested here are some articles, from very conservative sources, forwarded to Esther by Congressman Mike Pence's other fans.

American Union Conservative Foundation
NewsMax

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home