This Is Me

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Theological Cliffhangers & Legislative Work

I get a daily sermon from John Stott ministries, as I am sure you ALL have deduced by now. This is a wonderful thing that I wallow in luxuriously every morning, soaking my mind in theological dissertation as I contemplate the merits and truths contained in the day’s sermon. It is as intense and as cleansing for my mental palate as a good, long soak in a steaming bubble bath is for my skin. Today though I am stuck on the edge of a theological cliffhanger. The sermon was cut in half and I got the first half – the second will come tomorrow. I am really interested in seeing where he’s going with his discussion and where his theological point ends up, and I feel as excited as a soap opera fanatic waiting for the next day’s installment. (Will John end up with Marsha?!) So, my mood is a peculiar hue of ‘theological edginess’, and I bet THAT is not in any psychology textbook!

The really sad part is that I won’t be able to check my email until Monday! It’s the really good part too though; I don’t have to work on Good Friday. The following conversation did happen and not just in my head!

Chief-of-Staff: Do you observe Good Friday?

Me: Usually, I kill people.

Chief-of-Staff: But is it a day that you observe or recognize in any special way?

Me: It is very important to me, yes.

~After he talks to our boss~

Chief-of-Staff: Well, we have Good Friday off; now you can go kill people during the day.

Me: Hey, thanks!

Onto legislative work: It looks like I’m going to do my first work here on bill-writing! If it passes and doesn’t get vetoed etc, it’ll be a law and just think (!) I will be able to point to that inch in the Michigan Compiled Laws and go, “Look! There’s MY inch!” It’ll be my own, dear part of red tape. There’s something immortal about that.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger TeaLizzy said…

    LOL!
    OK, who are you and what have you done with my college roommate?

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    WUH-HA-HA!!!

    Speaking of your former college roomate, I met the perfect guy for her. Too bad she's been brainwashed by Big Brother.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home