This Is Me

Monday, March 28, 2005

Korn and Bollywood

I read today in a newspaper an interesting and rather exciting (to me) bit of news: Brian Welch, the guitarist and one of the founding members of the band ‘Korn’ has left the band, given up his ‘rocker’ lifestyle, and become a Christian. My impression of Korn was that they were just shy of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails – if at all. I wonder: POD toured with them for a while, could this have had any affect on Brian Welch? This certainly should make Christians everywhere excited: if he can convert, dude, there’s hope for ANYONE! I would love to talk to him; there’s one man who probably has such a tangible view of God’s grace – what a testimony he probably has! May he be led by God closer and closer to Him and be discipled well.

As reported on MTV's website, when he spoke to 10,000 people at a church in California about his conversion 200 people accepted Christ as their personal Savior, including members of the media who were covering the event! If you're interested in his new website, I have it under my links.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may have to move to India. My reasoning rests upon 3 things:

- Indian food is yummy (curry!)
- I love Indian clothing – it’s so colorful and happy!
- I love Indian movies

I think Bollywood has Hollywood all beat. Don’t even get me started on their music! I saw Bride and Prejudice last night and loved it! The premise is great: An Indian movie based on the Jane Austen book Pride & Prejudice. With its Indian dancing and singing and peek into Indian life – how it’s a funky blend of traditional and modern, it was almost as good as the other Indian movie I’ve seen Monsoon Wedding. I recommend both.

And I may not be around much longer to recommend movies – as I am soon moving to India

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home