This Is Me

Monday, May 16, 2005

Mum's the Word and Graduation at the 'Dale

There comes to be a point where one realizes “There is nothing left to say!” I readily admit that this does not often happen to me, so it’s quite mind-numbing when it actually occurs. The lack of subject material is not because nothing is going on, au contraire, much is happening; however, when everyone one might wish to talk about or subtly (blatantly) poke fun of on one’s blog KNOWS about one’s blog one’s choices come to be severely limited. I am talking hypothetically, of course. Too bad for all of you that all the interesting bits of my life have to be left out. Now all you have to do is sit and wonder “Am I one of the people that she would be talking about if I didn’t know where her blog was?” This sort of pondering is wonderfully aggravating to the ponderer. Keep it up – tormenting is such fun and invigorating work! And don’t worry – I probably would have left out your name.

Graduation at Hillsdale this year was quite up to snuff. Many illustrious alumni returned for the ceremony (i.e. me) and Kenneth Starr ended up being one of the best speakers at a Hillsdale function yet. He did not ramble and his choice of speech was actually on-topic. The dreaded long-winded speech where everyone starts to stare up into the rafters of the Sports Complex thinking about how the people in the bleachers across the room can probably stare up your skirt, and contemplating “How long can I keep up this relatively good posture on hard, backless seats?”, whilst combing the crowd for all the (2 or 3) guys you thought were just fantastic while you were at college to see if they’re in attendance (not that I would do such a thing!) did not happen. This instead happened during the handing out of diplomas. Although there was quite the exciting moment when some graduate picked up Dr. Arnn. It was pretty funny.

Only one more year and then there will be no one left at Hillsdale that I know. Kind of scary. I'm getting old. Does that mean I have to act mature?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey. I didn't know you went to graduation. Cool beans. I hope to go next year, maybe...or Homecoming actually. I was thinking we need to get all of us girls who were friends freshman year (You, me, Lisa, Erin, Sarah, Carrie) and make a weekend of it.

    (this is Jen)

    OH, and your sister's wedding looked like it was beautiful. Congrats on not having to wear a hideous bridesmaid dress! I love red.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Esther said…

    It was Kuipers who picked up Dr. Arnn, and it's something he would do. He's a funny guy, I've been on a few debate trips with him.

    Thanks for coming to graduation. Ken Starr was better than a lot of speakers I've heard. I was excited that he talked about the graduates and not about himself.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger TeaLizzy said…

    I would've given just about anything to see Arnn picked up. Pay him back for a lot of sudden and unwanted chumminess at my graduation. I'm sure you guys heard about the little incident where he was "introducing" the top 5 GPAs at our luncheon, and what he basically said was, "This is Lisa. And Lisa...is engaged to Jared, who plays in the orchestra, and writes all sorts of interesting things in the school paper...(blah blah blah on the subject of Jared)." We all got a good laugh out of that one. But I still don't approve of people who don't know me from Eve hugging me publicly. Serves 'im right.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    Yeah - it was great. I'd totally have his baby. Kuipers, not Dr. Arrrrrrrrrrnn's. ha ha. you probably totally don't remember that song from the early 90s. "He so crazy, I think I'm gonna have his baby!" Getting punchy here at work ha ha. I don't even know the guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home