This Is Me

Monday, January 29, 2007

Because What Jen Says Goes ;-)

I had a request to discuss my wedding plans here on the blog from *ahem* Jen and I hadn't so far because I didn't want to inflict people:-)

I am getting married at a small park in the Lansing area and the reception is at an old Opera House (that when I look at it's history, I'm not sure if it was ever an ACTUAL opera house, but they call it that now...):-)

I don't have any colors:-) I'm not big on picking stuff like that; I like ALL colors! So, my bridesmaids are in mint, pink, and periwinkle and once I ask my flower girls I'm hoping they'll be in blue and yellow. All flower colors to go with the garden/park I'm getting married in. We're planting wildflowers for the bouquets and have already planted lily bulbs. Lilies are my favorite flowers!

I'm not sure how I'm decorating the reception hall yet - I'm thinking something that will symbolize that I'm an island girl at heart:-) Everything will probably be eclectic - like me.

My wedding dress is GORGEOUS. It was given to me by Jeremiah's cousin's wife, which is a real blessing. I have to lose a few pounds, but the other dress - given to me by Alivia - was quite small and after trying to lose significant weight just was not working and I was given this other dress I decided on it. Although my roomate teases me that I'm going to wake up and decide that day which dress I'd like to wear :-) hee hee.

My bachelorette party will be the Tuesday before the wedding and is being planned by Ariana (maid of honor) and Sally. My other bridesmaid is Rachel, Jeremiah's sister.

Now, if anyone wants to hear me sighing over Jeremiah, let me know. I've tried to make sure not to inflict that upon you either;-)

Let me know what details y'all are interested in:-)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jeanine said…

    I'm continually amazed that friends of mine know and use the word "periwinkle" in a sentence. :)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    Yes. As in "Perry winkled at me from across the room. That flirt." ? hee hee ;-)

    No, that's actually technically it's color. I had to find out to figure out the matching ties. bleh. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN PERIWINKLE AND VICTORIAN LILAC?!?!? I CAN'T TELL!!!

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I WOULD like to hear you sighing over Jeremiah! Girls seem to go one of two ways when they get serious in a relationship. Either they mention the guy every other sentence, or you never hear about him. In the latter case I always wonder a little bit if they really care about him...

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Well it is quite gratifying to see what influence I wield here. I have only to request/demand a post and up it goes! Ha ha.

    And yes, bring on the sighing over Jeremiah! I would enjoy being subjected to that, it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home