This Is Me

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More on my friend Meredith

The doctors found multiple tumors around Meredith's pelvis (sounds like involving bone, around her spinal column, etc.). In a nightmarish series of tests, they kept finding more tumors with each test. The biopsy results came back yesterday looking malignant, but the sample was sent to a different lab for further evaluation; they think it is a rare form of cancer, and are supposed to know more by Friday.

I found out that by God's providence, on Friday when the first of the tests were being done, (they thought that worst case scenario it was a slipped disc, so while they were unprepared for support, God supplied it) Meredith was not alone throughout her day of testing (first her best friend happened to be passing through the city her hospital is in and was able to be contacted so she could stay with Meredith for the day; then my sister was able to pick her up at the hospital and get her to her husband.)

My home church, of which Meredith and her husband are a part, and the whole island from which we are from are gearing up with financial support, practical support, and prayer, but I would greatly appreciate more prayer. My house church is also considering ways we can do fundraisers to raise some more financial support. I don't think Meredith and Bryan have very extensive, if any, medical insurance. If anyone's willing to help out with a fundraiser, or has an idea for one, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home