This Is Me

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Do People Think Before They Speak?

Reported by MIRS, Michigan Democratic Party Executive Chair Mark Brewer blames President Bush for a lavish Presidential Inauguration, “It's unbelievable that a wartime President would set the record for money spent on an inauguration, with U.S. troops facing daily violence in Iraq and hundreds of thousands of families devastated by December's tsunami in Asia, Bush decides to spend millions on a celebration.” After that statement, he passionately delivered a diatribe on how Michigan could spend the $40 million plus that reportedly has been spent on the Presidential Inauguration. Apparently, if President Bush were a little more thrifty, the money would all come to Michigan so we could spend it on roads and Medicaid for children, and fully funding the No Child Left Behind ‘mandate’. His logical conclusion to President Bush’s deciding to have celebrations at the Presidential Inauguration was: “This week's excess in D.C. clearly demonstrates the misplaced values of Michigan's Republicans.” Well, if it is an excessive Inauguration, which I leave to the readers to make their own choice about primarily because I have not made one yet, I want to know: How does it demonstrate the misplaced values of Michigan Republicans? If it’s President Bush, and Bush alone who is fully responsible for “setting the record” on Inaugural spending, how does the situation reflect on Michigan Republicans at all? But I guess I would think that because I'm a extravagent Michigan Republican with misplaced values...Let me just pick up my fiddle and start playing now.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger TeaLizzy said…

    Erm. I really wish politicians would at least sling their mud with a bit more wit.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said…

    Wit? Me, I'd just be happy with logic!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Many people in politics, but I have noticed Michigan ones (especially avid Democrats) tend to have said heads up said butts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home